The LCMC relies on volunteers to carry out most of our services. In fact, we’re one of the largest volunteer-based organizations in Montgomery County with volunteers annually donating over 40,000 hours!
LCMC offers a wide variety of volunteer opportunities.
- ESL & Basic Literacy Tutor - Provide one-to-one or small group tutoring to adults
- ESL Class Teaching Assistants – Provide support to instructional staff.
- English for Daily Living (EFDL) Program Volunteers – Teach life-skill classes to parents at local schools
- English for Health Volunteers – Assist in health literacy classes.
- Family Literacy Volunteers – Teach both children and their parents at local schools
- Conversation Class Volunteers – Facilitate classes for learners to practice their speaking skills
- LCMC Office Support – Provide general office support to the LCMC staff
- iPathways Program Volunteer – Provide one-to-one academic tutoring in reading and/or math to help learners qualify for the Maryland State Department of Education’s GED-i course