ESL Class Program
The LCMC employs experienced ESL classroom instructors in our ESL Class program. Classes meet days or evenings, 3 hours per class, 3 times per week (9 hours instruction per week). Induction training is provided.
- Bachelor's degree in TESOL, English, applied linguistics or a related field.
- Two years of experience teaching ESL to adults.
- Experience working with learner assessment data.
- Experience working with standards-based instructional content.
- Understanding of and accommodations for the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds and special needs of adult ESL learners.
- Master's degree in TESOL, English, applied linguistics or a related field.
- Familiarity with Maryland Adult ESL Content Standards.
- Familiarity with assessing students with CASAS and/or teaching CASAS competencies.
Send your resume and a cover letter to Philip Bonner, Instructional Specialist,
email@example.com or via fax at 301-610-0034.