DEADLINE April 15: ESL Legacy ScholarshipApril 5th, 2016
The deadline for the ESL Legacy Scholarship is approaching fast. Apply today!
To honor and support adult learners in our classroom and tutoring programs, the Literacy Council of Montgomery County (LCMC) is pleased to offer a new scholarship opportunity to children of LCMC students who are currently pursuing, or planning to pursue, a college education.
Thanks to the generosity of a donor, and in partnership with The Community Foundation and Future Link, the ESL Legacy Scholarship will provide financial support to children whose parents studied English as a Second Language (ESL) through the classroom or tutoring programs at LCMC.
Recipients of the ESL Legacy Scholarship will receive:
- Up to $5,000 per year in college scholarship funding.
- A sponsored spot in the Future Link 14-week Self-advocacy and Career Development Seminar, which includes informational interviews with leaders in your chosen career field.
The ESL Legacy Scholarship may be awarded to a student who:
- Is a high school senior planning to begin college in fall 2016 OR a current part-time college student who would like to attend full time.
- Has a parent or guardian who has completed a minimum of two English classes or one year of tutoring at LCMC.
- Is dedicated to pursuing higher education.
Applicants will be considered on the basis of:
- Financial need
- Past academic performance (minimum 2.5 GPA)
- Extra-curricular activities
- A personal statement
- Letters of recommendation
Click here for the scholarship application. The application deadline for the ESL Legacy Scholarship is Friday, April 15, 2016.
For more information, please contact Danielle Verbiest at email@example.com or (301) 610-0030.