The Literacy Council of Montgomery County (LCMC) transforms the lives of approximately 1,400 adults each year by providing educational programs that strengthen language proficiency, build life skills, and foster community involvement.
Our programs include:
- Tutoring for ESL and Basic Literacy learners
- ESL classes in several Montgomery County locations
- Conversation Classes in several Montgomery County locations
- iPathways Online Learning Program for GED® Test Preparation
- Pre-GED preparation classes (currently available in Silver Spring)
Our mission is to enable adults to transform their lives and enrich our community through English literacy.
At LCMC, we teach adults to read, write, and speak English in a vibrant multicultural community where English proficiency is a tool for success.
We equip adult learners with skills for life! Our students improve their employment opportunities, become better citizens, acquire consumer skills, and increase their involvement in their children’s education.
The Literacy Council of Montgomery County, Maryland, Inc. is a private, nonprofit organization founded in 1963. We are affiliated with ProLiteracy, the largest volunteer adult literacy organization in the United States.